Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!

Tuesday, November 4th is Election Day in the United States, so go out and vote.
This year, Maryland has a proposal on the ballot to allow early voting as much as 2 weeks ahead of an election. I've read that in some states where early voting is already in place, very large numbers have voted already (including 46% of the eligible voters in Colorado!).

Update (Tuesday 6:30 PM): I had a meeting in DC this morning so I wasn't able to vote before work, when I'm told there were extremely long lines. So I went to the polling station this evening with iPhone in hand, prepared for a lengthy wait. Instead, it took 5 minutes total -- most of it spent getting the electronic card for the touchscreen machine. I think it took longer for me to walk in from the parking lot.

(12:30 AM) I just listened to the two gracious, unifying speeches from John McCain and Barack Obama. CNN's final map shows Obama with 365 electoral votes to McCain's 173.

In Maryland, both the early voting and slots initiatives passed.





No comments:

Post a Comment