Friday, October 24, 2008

Take Me Back to Boston

I was in Boston for the first time last week and I love the city. It has a mix of Colonial and European charm and a real sense of history. I'll definitely have to go back again in the summer.

I only had half a day to wander around the city because the conference that took me there kept us pretty busy. If I had it to do over again, I'd forego the expensive tourist trolley ride we paid for and just use the 7-day transit pass (a real bargain at $15) to go downtown on the "T" (Boston's subway system), where the National Park Service offers a nice walking tour of the Freedom Trail through historic Boston starting at the Old Statehouse (scene of the Boston Massacre) and ending at Old North Church (where the famous lanterns were placed during Paul Revere's Midnight ride).

A few more photos, starting with the statue of Mr. Revere at Old North Church:



A picturesque slip at Boston Harbor:



And finally a view of Fenway Park from the 50th Floor of the Prudential Tower:




No comments:

Post a Comment