Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back To 2Amys Pizza

I made it back to 2Amys Neapolitan Pizzeria in Washington DC on Saturday. I had a fairly large meal since I wanted to try several things and I had missed lunch that day.

This is a neat place because while they serve delicious gourmet pizzas, they're also very kid-friendly, as is evident from the table in the front window bay:


The Food
I had their bruschetta, a Pizza Marinara (tomato, garlic, and oregano, with added basil and artichoke hearts), and the Ripieno Extra (a stuffed pizza with ricotta, salami, prosciutto, pancetta, and tomato).

The Pizza Marinara was wonderful, with the marinated artichokes (a special of the day) providing a piquant counterpoint to the pizza, and again I loved the charred taste of the crust from the ovens.


The bruschetta was a little odd, lacking the usual garnish of chopped tomatoes, but was very good if a little pricey at $8. The sauce drizzled over it had a very strong vinegar and garlic presence.


The stuffed pizza (ripieno) was the only disappointment. While very high quality, the taste of the meats were lost in the massive, excessive amounts of ricotta cheese. I won't be getting it again.


Next Time
I'll stick with the pizzas next time and probably try a different appetizer, maybe the polpettine (meatballs); suppli al telefono; or salt cod croquettes. The stuffed pizzas weren't to my taste and I left some of the crust and ricotta unfinished.

4:30 PM was a good time to arrive, as there was no wait for a table. By 5 o'clock the place was packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment