Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pick-up Volleyball

I played volleyball twice this week, Sunday at the church and Monday at the county rec center. Monday was my first time to play at Howard County's new Glenwood Center:


I had fun both days but I never got comfortable at Glenwood and played poorly all around; on Sunday at least my defense came around toward the end and I made some decent digs of some very hard hits.

I'll probably try to go out to Glenwood again sometime. They had a few decent players so it was mostly just that I was out of sync and then I twisted my back after a couple of hours of play. I'd say the overall level of play was B league.

The facility has an interesting layout where big dividers that can be mechanically rolled up separate the courts (with basketball on the other side of the partition), a system that actually isolates the courts pretty well.


I also picked up a medical clearance form so I can use the weight room. They have treadmills, stationary bikes, free weights, and exercise machines at the center. Glenwood is furthermore a green technologies showcase for the county, with waterless urinals and geothermal heating.

No comments:

Post a Comment